Have you ever faced the denial of your medical Claim? Has there been any medical bill way out of your paying reach? Was your medical bill inaccurate or wrong; or are you not insured for a medical claim? Well, if such is the case then you need a medical billing advocate for sure in your life. He could be your friend in hard times by saving a big amount in your hospital bills. Medical billing advocates not only identify billing errors and negotiate with the insurance company to appeal coverage denials, but also fix up a lower rate with the hospitals or medical care providers.
Who is a Medical Billing Advocate?
Medical billing advocates are professionals, lawyers or nurses that help you to advocate your medical cases that involve all the mentioned cases. They are specially trained in the medical stipulations and know the in and out of a medical procedure. They help in guiding the patient out of a chaotic situation.
What Do Medical Billing Advocates do?
A medical advocate knows the medical dealings and hence could be very helpful to you in times of grim situations. The following are the main responsibilities of a medical advocate.
- They would evaluate the insurers’ terms and conditions and help in explaining them to the client or customer.
- They would help in logging the claim or appeal when the customer is in need.
- They would help in settling the charges of a hospital and could also raise a request for financial aid to different charitable agencies and facilities.
- They would appeal against the unreasonably heavy costs for small-small things and could easily help you lower the total fee of the hospital and health care providers.
- They could help you file a legal case against a health care provider or an insurance company and ask for legal intervention to your case.
- They could also assist in contacting press or newspaper agencies and hence pressurizing the insurance agencies to be on track of the claims.
Assisting you with all these problems would lower your risk of losing a lot of money and hence making your life better and easier.
Situations Best Tackled by Medical Billing Advocates
A medical billing advocate skillfully tackles the following situations:
- If the healthcare facility or medical practice overcharged and you have abnormally high medical bills. It happens if you have undergone a critical surgery or admitted to the facility for a long time.
- You have chronic illness and visit healthcare provider frequently.
- You have several bills from different sources such as hospitals, specialized practices or separate physicians.
- You’ve already appealed to your medical provider for negotiating lower costs of healthcare.
How to Find the Best Advocate for You?
A medical advocate could be a professional lawyer, nurse or a person who specializes in medical billing advocacy instructions and procedures. So you should be very particular about the advocate you choose. Generally as an advocate they undergo special trainings and certifications for medical and health care procedures and instructions. So based on different cases different professionals could be considered as your medical advisors and advocates.
You must look for some trusted sites for medical advocates and read reviews and comments. People who have had cases of medical frauds often refer you to a good advocate or professional who could help you. There are also agencies that would refer you to medical advocates associated with them. So you must be very careful with their qualification because only the right medical advocate would help you win your case.
How Much Do They Cost You?
Well the fee of hiring depends on person to person. There would be advocates who would not charge a penny from you and there would be some who would charge you on hourly basis. So it is very important to discuss this topic upfront before hiring them. But generally the cost that they save us is quiet more than they would ask for. So make sure you get your bills reviewed by trusted Medical billing advocates of America before paying.